Enamel Erosion Fundamentals
Enamel erosion is a threat to your oral health. Luckily, it can be treated and, in some cases, avoided with proper oral health habits. Your dentist is qualified to help you manage and overcome your enamel erosion. However, there are some things you should know about it.
Our dentist, Dr. Saad, cares about your oral health. That is why our team at Rhome Family Dentistry in Rhome, Texas, is sharing some fundamentals on enamel erosion, so you can understand exactly what it is and how to avoid it.
– Brushing twice a day and flossing daily helps reduce enamel erosion and protect your teeth.
– The lack of saliva in your mouth, also known as dry mouth, is dangerous to your oral health because bacteria that is left in your mouth can eat at your tooth enamel.
– Acid reflux can cause severe enamel erosion because of the acids in the esophagus that can damage your teeth.
– Sugars are hazardous to your oral health causing your teeth to decay over time.
– Sugarless gum can help increase saliva production to maintain your tooth enamel stay healthy and mouth clear of bacteria.
– Your diet plays a vital role in enamel erosion because of the food choices that could put your teeth in danger making it significant to think about your diet in order to protect your teeth.
If you have concerns about your teeth, or if you have any questions about your oral health, please call us today at 817-636-0608 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team looks forward to helping you restore your oral health.